Dr Jacopo Buti DDS PhD
NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Periodontology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)161 306 1566
School of Dentistry
The University of Manchester
Coupland 3 Bldg - Room 1.030
Jacopo Buti is involved in clinical and research activity in Periodontology.
He is involved in a continuative collaboration research project entitled "Network meta-analysis of gingival recession" at the School of Dentistry, University of Florence.
Memberships of Committees and Professional Bodies
General Dental Council (registration number 197120)
Albo of dentists – Province of Florence (registration number 1307)
Italian Society of Periodontology
Jacopo is mainly interested in periodontal research and biostatistics applied to dental topics and evidence based medicine.
Jacopo focus his research activity in study design and development of systematic reviews and randomized controlled trials.
Jacopo is involved in undergradute teaching in Periodontics.
Jacopo has been involved in postgraduate education and clinical training for the University's MSc in Periodontics from Jan 2011 to July 2013.
He has been also responsible for the delivery of the PG Dissertation Module for distance learning students and he contributed to the teaching and learning on the PG Research Methods course for distance learning students from Sept 2012 to July 2013
Jacopo Buti graduated at the School of Dentistry, University of Florence (Italy) in 2004 where he was Assistant Professor in Periodontics from 2007 to 2009.
Jacopo completed his PhD in Applied Statistics in 2011.
He joined the University of Manchester, School of Dentistry in 2011, where he was Clinical Teaching Fellow in Periodontics and Dissertation Tutor.
He is now NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Periodontology.
DDS, School of Dentistry, University of Florence, Italy, 2004
PhD, Department of Statistics "G. Parenti", University of Florence, Italy, 2011
- Graziani, F., Gennai, S., Roldán, S., Discepoli, N., Buti, J., Madianos, P. & Herrera, D (2014). Efficacy of periodontal plastic procedures in the treatment of multiple gingival recessions. J Clin Periodontol, 41 Suppl 15, S63-76. eScholarID:223008 | PMID:24641002 | DOI:10.1111/jcpe.12172
- Pini-Prato, G., Nieri, M., Pagliaro, U., Giorgi, T., La Marca, M., Franceschi, D., Buti, J., Giani, M., Weiss, J., Padeletti, L., Cortellini, P., Chambrone, L., Barzagli, L., Defraia, E. & Rotundo, R (2014). Surgical treatment of single gingival recessions: Clinical guidelines. Eur J Oral Implantol, 7(1), 9-43. eScholarID:226558 | PMID:24892111
- Buti, J., Baccini, M., Nieri, M., La Marca, M. & Pini-Prato, G (2013). Bayesian network meta-analysis of root coverage procedures: ranking efficacy and identification of best treatment. J Clin Periodontol, 40(4), 372-386. eScholarID:205265 | PMID:23346965 | DOI:10.1111/jcpe.12028
- Duvina, M., Barbato, L., Buti, J., Delle Rose, G., Brancato, L., Casella, G., Longoni, S., Sartori, M., Amunni, F. & Tonelli, P (2013). Immediate loading with LASER-treated surface implant: two-year resonance frequency analysis follow-up. J Craniofac Surg, 24(3), 849-55. eScholarID:205274 | PMID:23714895 | DOI:10.1097/SCS.0b013e31827ca37b
- Pistilli, R., Felice, P., Cannizzaro, G., Piatelli, M., Corvino, V., Barausse, C., Buti, J., Soardi, E. & Esposito, M (2013). Posterior atrophic jaws rehabilitated with prostheses supported by 6 mm long 4 mm wide implants or by longer implants in augmented bone. One-year post-loading results from a pilot randomised controlled trial. Eur J Oral Implantol, 6(4), 359-72. eScholarID:220830 | PMID:24570981
- Pistilli, R., Felice, P., Piattelli, M., Gessaroli, M., Soardi, E., Barausse, C., Buti, J. & Corvino, V (2013). Posterior atrophic jaws rehabilitated with prostheses supported by 5 x 5 mm implants with a novel nanostructured calcium-incorporated titanium surface or by longer implants in augmented bone. One-year results from a randomised controlled trial. Eur J Oral Implantol, 6(4), 343-57. eScholarID:220829 | PMID:24570980
- Prato, G., Pagliaro, U., Buti, J., Rotundo, R. & Newman, M (2013). Evaluation of the literature: evidence assessment tools for clinicians. J Evid Based Dent Pract, 13(4), 130-41. eScholarID:213336 | PMID:24237732 | DOI:10.1016/j.jebdp.2013.08.001
- Gillot, L., Cannas, B., Buti, J. & Noharet, R (2012). A retrospective cohort study of 113 patients rehabilitated with immediately loaded maxillary cross-arch fixed dental prostheses in combination with immediate implant placement. Eur J Oral Implantol, 5(1), 71-9. eScholarID:205268 | PMID:22518381
- Buti, J., Glenny, A., Worthington, H., Nieri, M. & Baccini, M (2011). Network meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials: direct and indirect treatment comparisons. Eur J Oral Implantol, 4(1), 55-62. eScholarID:205273 | PMID:21594220
- Gillot, L., Noharet, R., Buti, J. & Cannas, B (2011). A retrospective cohort study of 105 patients rehabilitated with immediately loaded mandibular cross-arch bridges in combination with immediate implant placement. Eur J Oral Implantol, 4(3), 247-53. eScholarID:205267 | PMID:22043468
- Nieri, M., Saletta, D., Buti, J., Pagliaro, U., Guidi, L., Rotundo, R. & Prato, G (2009). From initial case report to randomized clinical trial through 20 years of research in periodontal therapy. J Clin Periodontol, 36(1), 39-43. eScholarID:205269 | PMID:19021788 | DOI:10.1111/j.1600-051X.2008.01341.x
- Crescini, A., Nieri, M., Buti, J., Baccetti, T. & Pini Prato, G (2007). Orthodontic and periodontal outcomes of treated impacted maxillary canines. Angle Orthod, 77(4), 571-7. eScholarID:205272 | PMID:17605500 | DOI:10.2319/080406-318.1
- Crescini, A., Nieri, M., Buti, J., Baccetti, T. & Pini Prato, G (2007). Pre-treatment radiographic features for the periodontal prognosis of treated impacted canines. J Clin Periodontol, 34(7), 581-7. eScholarID:205270 | PMID:17555411 | DOI:10.1111/j.1600-051X.2007.01094.x
- Crescini, A., Nieri, M., Buti, J., Baccetti, T., Mauro, S. & Prato, G (2007). Short- and long-term periodontal evaluation of impacted canines treated with a closed surgical-orthodontic approach. J Clin Periodontol, 34(3), 232-42. eScholarID:205271 | PMID:17257160 | DOI:10.1111/j.1600-051X.2006.01042.x
- Nieri, M., Saletta, D., Guidi, L., Buti, J., Franceschi, D., Mauro, S. & Pini-Prato, G (2007). Citation classics in periodontology: a controlled study. J Clin Periodontol, 34(4), 349-58. eScholarID:205266 | PMID:17378889 | DOI:10.1111/j.1600-051X.2007.01060.x