Connect with us
- Academic begins project aimed at replacing the use of animals in Alzheimer’s research
An academic from The University of Manchester's Dental School has secured £82,000 to look for new ways to study Alzheimer's disease (AD) which do not involve testing on animals.
- Smiles all around as Manchester student wins dental skills competition heat
A University of Manchester dental student will represent her university at a UK-wide dental clinical skills competition to be held at The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in spring 2014, after being shortlisted by winning first place at the Manchester Heat which took place on 18 November 2013.
- Success for Manchester’s Academic Health Science Centre bid
Manchester’s aim to become a leading international centre for turning innovative research into improved health for people locally and globally has received a major boost.
Events taking place associated with the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
- An overview of recent NHS reorganisation and a tale of policy ethnography (featuring NHS111)14:00 - 15:00 Tuesday 11 March 2014
Host: Centre for Primary Care
- Domestic abuse: nurses’ and midwives’ recognition and responses12:00 - 13:00 Tuesday 11 March 2014
Host: School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- Amber Dar 'Decision-making about child participation in medical research'14:00 Wednesday 12 March 2014
Amber Dar gives a seminar which will be of particular interest to those interested in healthcare ethics and law. All welcome.